Guest: Shane Battier, former NBA player and is now the Vice President of Basketball Development & Analytics for the Miami Heat
Welcome to the show! Our purpose is to provide innovative educational programs that develop conscious, competent and caring coaches. We aim to create a standard of excellence in the coaching profession regardless of the sport, level or gender you coach, while providing a platform for coaches of ALL sports to connect, collaborate and support each other.
– Details of his childhood and some of the pain he felt growing up feeling different.
– How he learned to accept his role and the process he went through to decide on what college he would attend.
– How his dad was his greatest coach and mentor and taught him what it meant to be a great teammate.
– What made Coach K a great coach and how Shane became the Master of the Intangibles.
– What is the one job every athlete has and how to go about doing that job.
– The +/- system and how this system defined Shane’s greatness.
– How he learned to create value for himself, his role and what he brings to every team he is a member of.
Link to the book Shane mentions: Grit by Angela Duckworth
NY Times Magazine article referenced in podcast: No-Stats All-Star by Michela Lewis
Thank you for joining the conversation! Please share this podcast with your coaching friends, and remember to keep shining bright!