How to Recruit, Engage and Coach this Generation of Student Athletes
Summer camp for creative, innovative and “people-first” coaches who are committed to their personal and professional development beyond the X’s and O’s of their sport. This is a growing movement of coaches across ALL sports who believe in the power of collaboration and community.
ALL Coaches – ALL Sports – ONE Team!
Watch this short video to learn more about what makes Camp Elevate such a unique experience!
Filling our Coaching Buckets!
Our day is organized using Jonathan Fields 3 Buckets:
Vitality, Contribution and Connection
Morning hikes in the Colorado Springs area and workshops on Vitality, renewal and self care.
Professional Development Workshops on: “How to Recruit, Engage and Coach this Generation of Athletes.”
Lecture Series on topics covering all 3 buckets along with networking activities.
Connecting with Celia Slater and the True North Sports Community of Coaches
Celia is the inspirational leader of the True North Sports Community. Many coaches who have met Celia affectionately call her “Momma C” because of her deep genuine care and commitment to coaches. She brings over 14 years of experience to the training, development and support of coaches of ALL sports. Celia will challenge you, push you and if needed… hug you!
Hiking in Garden of the Gods State Park with retired Air Force Major General Barbara Faulkenberry
Morning hikes in one of the most beautiful parks in the state of Colorado. While on these hikes we will discuss the different aspects of leadership with General Faulkenberry.
Camp Elevate: Renew – Grow – Connect
Personal AND Professional Development
This program will be different than any other you have attended for professional development as a coach.
- Yes you will get ideas and skills you can implement immediately as a coach…
- Yes you will meet a community of like-minded coaches and…
- Yes you will be rejuvenated and grow personally from your Camp Elevate Experience – GUARANTEED!
Evening Lecture Series
Our speakers are new thought leaders in athletics, education and leadership that will spark your creativity and provide innovative ideas you can implement immediately into your life as a teacher, coach or manager. Speakers for this lecture series will be announced here and on our True North Sports Facebook page. Stay tuned — Our first wave of speakers will be announced on December 1st!
Make Time to Tour the Colorado Springs Area
Come in before camp or stay after camp to tour Colorado Springs.
Some local attractions are:
- The Olympic Training Center
- Garden of the Gods Park
- Cheyenne Mountain Zoo
- Manitou Springs
- Pikes Peak via the Cog Railway or drive to the top!
- The United States Air Force Academy
- Old Colorado City
- Hiking at 7 Falls
- And Much MORE!
The Village at Alpine Valley on the Campus of the University of Colorado at Colorado Springs. Imagine waking up to the view of Pikes Peak each morning and that fresh mountain air!
What’s Included in Your Camp Tuition
- 2 nights housing in the brand new dorms on the UCCS Campus!
- 2 mornings dedicated to your renewal and vitality while hiking in the beautiful Colorado outdoors with retired Major General Barbara Faulkenberry.
- All meals beginning with dinner on May 29th through lunch on May 31st.
- Free Pass to workout in the UCCS campus recreation center.
- 2.5 days of incredible programming, speakers and experiences to ignite your creativity and innovation as a coach.
- 2 evening lecture series with new thought leaders in education, coaching and leadership.
- The opportunity to connect and network with a community of like-minded coaches from ALL sports.
This is an amazing deal for an unforgettable experience in beautiful Colorado! Join us — You will be so GRATEFUL you did!
Camp Elevate is a good fit for:
- Any head or assistant coach at any level.
- Any Coach who is serious about making coaching their professional career.
- Any coach who wants to improve as a manager, leader and communicator.
- Any coach who enjoys collaborating and sharing ideas.
- All coaches who are interested in learning creative and innovative ways to connect with people, especially their athletes and create a positive team culture.
- Coaches that are interested in finding a “tribe” of coaches from ALL sports they can rely on for support and ideas as they move through their career.
- Any coach who read this web page and said, “Oh HELL YES, I AM IN!”
- You should plan to arrive on the UCCS campus between 12 - 2pm on May 29th.
- Our opening session will begin at 2:30pm mountain time.
- You will receive detailed registration information via email in the month leading up to camp.
- Lunch is not provided this day, so make sure you eat before you arrive at camp.
- The first day of Camp is School Logo Day! So please wear something with your school or club team name on it!
- Camp will end with lunch at 1pm on Thursday, May 31st. If you are flying out of Colorado Springs it would be safe to book your flight out anytime after 2:30 mountain time. If you are flying out of Denver anytime after 3:30pm would be safe.
- Light jacket and or sweater, sweatpants/yoga pants
- Yoga mat if you have one and other yoga supplies
- Hiking shoes, small backpack and water bottle
- Sunglasses, hat/visor and sunscreen
- Shorts, jeans, sweatsuits, light jacket
- Flip flops, sandals, sneakers
- Snacks for your room and for hikes
- Rain poncho, raincoat and/or umbrella (just in case!)
- Long and short sleeved T-shirts
- Flashlight for night time walking on campus
- Bug repellent for camp fire night
- An OPEN mind and heart!