Summer camp for creative, innovative and "people-first" coaches who are committed to their personal and professional development beyond the X's and O's of their sport. This is a growing movement of coaches across ALL sports who believe in the power of collaboration and community. Camp Elevate will be the most unique learning experience you will EVER have as a coach... GUARANTEED!
Join us June 1-4, 2017 at Grand Valley State University in Allendale, Michigan
More About Camp: About GVSU:
GVSU Address: 1 Campus Dr, Allendale, MI 49401
From Chicago: I-94 East to I-196/US-31 (Exit 34) at Benton Harbor. Continue on I-196 East toward Grand Rapids. Take US-31 (Exit 44) north to M-45 (Lake Michigan Drive). Turn right (east) on M-45 and go approximately 12 miles to Grand Valley’s entrance and turn right (south). Approximately 200 miles from Chicago. PLEASE NOTE: Michigan is one hour ahead of Illinois (EST).
From Detroit/Lansing: I-96 West to I-196 West (Gerald R. Ford Freeway) through downtown Grand Rapids. Exit Lake Michigan Drive/M-45 (Exit 75). Take M-45 approximately 12 miles to Grand Valley's entrance and turn left (south). Approximately 160 miles from Detroit and 75 miles from Lansing.
From Holland: US-31 North to M-45 (Lake Michigan Drive). Turn right (east) on M-45 and go approximately 12 miles to Grand Valley’s entrance and turn right (south). Approximately 25 miles from Holland.
From Kalamazoo: US-131 North to I-196 West (Gerald R. Ford Freeway). Exit Lake Michigan Drive/M-45 (Exit 75). Take M-45 approximately 12 miles to Grand Valley’s entrance and turn left (south). Approximately 65 miles from Kalamazoo.
From Muskegon: I-96 East to Coopersville (exit 16). Turn left on 68th Avenue and go approximately 6 miles. Turn left (east) on M-45 (Lake Michigan Drive). Go approximately 3 miles to Grand Valley’s entrance and turn right (south). Approximately 45 miles from Muskegon.
From Northern Michigan: US-131 South to Grand Rapids. Take I-196 West to Lake Michigan Drive/M-45 (Exit 75). Take M-45 approximately 12 miles to Grand Valley’s entrance and turn left (south). Approximately 160 miles from Traverse City.
To and From Grand Rapids Airport:
Gerald R. Ford International Airport (GRR):
Click here for directions
Airport to GVSU Allendale Campus:
- Get on the Woodland Mall/Airport (Route 17) bus at the airport.
- Get off the bus at the Woodland Mall bus stop.
- Transfer to the Wealthy/Woodland (Route 5) or Eastown/Woodland (Route 6) bus at the Woodland Mall and get off the bus at Central Station.
- At Central Station, transfer to the Northbound Silverline (Route SL/90) bus. Get off the bus at the bus stop at Monroe & Louis.
- Cross Monroe to the Westbound GVSU Campus Connector (Route 50) bus stop at Monroe & Louis.
- Get off the GVSU Campus Connector at the Pew Campus (stop on Fulton at Mt Vernon, under US-131) or on GVSU Allendale Campus Kirkhof Center or Mackinac Hall.
GVSU Allendale Campus to the Airport:
- Get on the Eastbound GVSU Campus Connector (Route 50) at either Mackinac Hall or Kirkhof Center on Allendale Campus or at the Pew Campus (stop on Fulton at Mt Vernon, under US-131).
- Take the Eastbound Route 50 to the bus stop at Monroe and Louis (1st stop past Pew Campus stop). Get off here and walk across Monroe to transfer to the Southbound Silverline (Route SL/90) to ride to Central Station.
- Get off at Central Station.
- Transfer to the Wealthy/Woodland (Route 5) or Eastown/Woodland (Route 6) bus at the Rapid Central Station.
- At the Woodland Mall, transfer to the Woodland Mall/Airport (Route 17) bus.
- Get off the Route 17 bus at the airport.
We invest in our students' success by investing in some of the newest and most inviting living centers in Michigan. We've built exceptional housing so that you can build lasting friendships, personal character, and have a highly rewarding college experience. Whether you choose to live in Allendale or Grand Rapids, you have a variety of inspiring housing options.
Newly renovated apartment style dorms. Each coach will have their own room but share a common area with 3 other coaches! Networking at it’s best!
Frequently Asked Questions
When should I plan to arrive at Camp Elevate and where do we meet to check-in on the first day?
Registration will go from 12-3:00pm on Thursday, June 1st at the GVSU Fieldhouse. Your first meal at Camp will be dinner so make sure you eat lunch before you arrive. Our first session will start at 3:00pm. When you get to campus, please follow signs to the Fieldhouse where you will check into camp. If you are staying on campus we will escort you to your dorm room. The first day of Camp is school logo day so please wear something with your school or club name on it!
Can I stay in a bunk with my husband/wife/girl or boyfriend/partner?
We are housing the women and men in separate dorms. If you MUST stay together you can pay a little extra for a private room. We do this to encourage you to network, be with other people and get out of your comfort zone. You will have plenty of time to be together during the day!
Should I bring bedding & towels?
We'll take care of bedding, towels, soap and shampoo but if you’ve got special sheets, blankets, pillows or shower stuff, you're welcome to bring it with you!
Can I request to share a bunk with friends?
Yes, of course! In fact, recruit your 3 closest coaching friends ever so you can share a dorm together!
Please list names of your friends on your registration form. If you get names after you have registered, no worries, simply email us at Info@TrueNorthSports.net and put Roommate Request in the subject line and list your name with their names under. Keep in mind there are only 4 rooms per dorm apartment.
What else should I pack or bring?
- Light jacket and or sweater, sweatpants/yoga pants
- Yoga mat if you have one and other yoga supplies
- Shorts, jeans, sweatsuits, light jacket
- Flip flops, sandals, sneakers
- Rain poncho, raincoat and/or umbrella (just in case!)
- Long and short sleeved T-shirts
- Flashlight for night time walking on campus
- Bug repellent for camp fire night