for ALL coaches of ALL sports.
It’s time to Elevate Your Coaching Game!
Elevate yourself, your team and your staff…..
What is ElevateU?
It is a hybrid program for coaches of ALL sports to connect, grow, share ideas and give and receive support through the combination of 10 months of virtual group gatherings culminating with an in-person event, Camp Elevate, in Colorado Springs, May 29-31, 2019.
Camp Elevate 2019 theme: How to Create a Positive Team Culture
The Vision for ElevateU
Our vision is to create a collaborative learning community made up of coaches as peer mentors for each other in both small group and larger group settings. The participants will learn, share and grow side by side with their fellow members as well as successful coaches from all sports and experts in coaching education and development.
ElevateU has 2 sections with
an optional 3rd section:
Monthly virtual COMPASS small group meetings run by a trained facilitator.
Bi-Monthly virtual ElevateU Huddle meetings that all ElevateU members and COMPASS Groups can participate in.
For an additional discounted fee: Attend Camp Elevate 2019 in Colorado Springs.
There are three types of COMPASS groups:
• Head Coach
• Assistant Coach
• College Students
Special Note: We have modeled our COMPASS Group meetings after the Mastermind Process that is used in the business world where leaders go to connect and to gain insight, ideas, perspective and support. It is also used as a powerful networking tool. We feel this process can and will help coaches in the world of athletics rise in their personal development and in their sport. Read more here.
- Registered ElevateU coaches will be put into 3 different groups we call COMPASS Groups.
- Head coaches will be grouped together, assistant coaches will be grouped together and college students will be grouped together.
- Each COMPASS Group will have a trained facilitator assigned to them that will organize and run a monthly virtual meeting.
- There will be 5-6 coaches in a group plus the facilitator.
- The monthly meeting will last approximately 90 minutes.
- The COMPASS Groups will run August 2018 - May of 2019.
- Each meeting will be recorded so if you have to miss you can watch the recording.
- Each COMPASS Group will also be invited to bi-monthly open classes we are calling: “The ElevateU Huddles” These virtual bi-monthly meetings will have special guests where we will discuss a hot topic from the coaching world and also share ideas coaches are using that have been a success in their programs. These calls will be held in: Sept, Nov, Jan, March, May.
- Optional: Attend Camp Elevate: Make plans to gather in-person with your COMPASS Group and other ElevateU coaches at Camp Elevate May 29-31, 2019 in beautiful Colorado Springs!
- August 2019 ⇒ COMPASS Groups begin again!
- Commitment: We are looking for coaches who are ready and willing to make the commitment to themselves AND others! The monthly groups will only be effective if the members of the group pledge to attend 90% of the meetings. Can you miss a call? YES. Can you miss a lot of calls? NO! It is about connecting with your group and you cannot connect and build relationship if you are not there.
- Being Genuine and Open: The group will only connect to the level you are willing to share. We understand it may take time for the groups to get comfortable with each other and we also know it takes YOUR willingness to be open and share that will grow that safety and trust. Simply put: you will get out of the group what you put into it.
- Confidentiality and Safety: Each group member will be asked to sign a confidentiality agreement. You will not have a successful group if your members do not feel safe. Being “trustworthy” and “trust-willing” will determine the depth of your group connection. What is shared with the group has to stay in the group! With this in mind, coaches from the same coaching staffs will be assigned to separate groups. If you are married to a coach who is registered in ElevateU, you will be assigned to separate groups. Coaches who are at the same school will be assigned to separate groups. Coaches in the same sport in the same conference will be assigned to separate groups.
- ElevateU vs Therapy Sessions: While being open is essential, the Huddle is not meant to be group therapy. There is a big difference! While we will be sharing meaningful experiences while asking for feedback and ideas our facilitators are not trained therapists.
- The ebb and flow of the COMPASS meetings: There will be months that you will have a lot to share and there will be months you will be primarily a listener providing support for the other coaches. You’ll know what and when to share and when to listen. Trust your gut and trust the process. Please do not underestimate the power of listening and holding space for others to share and receive support….one day you’ll need that support in return!
Who Should Sign
Up for ElevateU?
- Any coach that is dedicated to their personal AND professional growth.
- Any coach looking for a collaborative learning community made up of coaches from all sports.
- Any coach who loves great ideas they can use with their teams.
- Any coach who would like to explore the coaching experience beyond the X’s & O’s of their sport.
- Any coach who at some point has felt isolated and really needed someone neutral to talk to.
- Any coach who is tired of superficial conversations about the coaching experience and wants to connect with coaches from all sports in a deep and meaningful way.
- Any college student who KNOWS they want to be a college coach. This group is for full-time students ONLY who do not have an official coaching position at a university.
- Each “COMPASS Group” will gather with their facilitator to check in and share ideas once a month.
- The facilitator of your group will also check in with their group members once a week via text and/or email.
- If you are going through a tough time or need extra support, you can request a 1 on 1 call with you facilitator.
- “The ElevateU Huddle” These virtual bi-monthly meetings will have special guests where we will discuss a hot topic from the coaching world and also share ideas coaches are using that have been a success in their programs.
- Private ElevateU Facebook Group where we can communicate as a whole.
- If you choose to attend Camp Elevate 2019 in Colorado Springs, you are offered a special discount rate of $500 when you join ElevateU.
Tuition and Payment Plans
Coaches have the option to “Pay in Full” and receive a discount or pay monthly. You can also attend ElevateU ONLY OR attend ElevateU AND Camp Elevate for a Discount.
We have created 3 levels of payments. One for head coaches (any level), one for assistant coaches (any level) and one for college students who want to be a college coach.
The first 10 coaches to register will get the following Habitudes books by Dr. Tim Elmore.
This package includes:
- “Habitudes #1: The Art of Self-Leadership”
- “Habitudes #2: The Art of Connecting With Others”
- “Habitudes #3: The Art of Leading Others”
- “Habitudes #4: The Art of Changing Culture”
- “Habitudes for Communicators: The Art of Engaging Communication”