What is included in the Assistant Coach Immersion Program?
Please see our immersion page to find out more about our ACIP!
How long is the ACIP? Which months does it run?
Program starts May 1st each year and finishes with closing circle and graduation the following May.
Are Head Coaches accepted into the program as well?
Yes! Young head coaches in their first 5 years can contact Celia (firstname.lastname@example.org) if interested.
Do I have to be affiliated with a particular sport?
No, all sports are invited.
How long has the ACIP been around?
The ACIP was first launched in May of 2015 by Celia Slater. Celia has been creating programming for coaches for over 10 years through the NCAA Women Coaches Academy (WCA) and The Alliance of Women Coaches. She brings nearly 30 years of experience in college athletics as both an organizational leader and a collegiate basketball coach.
Can my assistant attend with me?
It is recommended that a coaching staff not attend together so it is a safe environment for the coaches to share and fully participate.
What happens after I apply?
Each applicant under consideration for the program will be contacted to schedule a phone interview with program director, Celia Slater.
When will I know if I am accepted into the program?
Rolling acceptance letters will begin to go out, via email, the week of February 8th.
How much does the Assistant Coach Immersion Program cost?
Discounted rate of $3,200, if paid in full.
Is there a payment plan option?
YES! If you choose the payment plan, the cost is $3,400 which will be 6 equal payments of $567.
Do you have any ideas on how I might reduce or even cover the cost of my tuition?
Of Course! Here are some quick ideas;
- Ask your head coach
- Ask your athletic administrators
- Use some of your camp money
- Ask your conference office if they have funds you could apply for
- Ask your coaches association if they have funds you could apply for
- Use the ACIP Sponsor Form to recruit family, mentors and friends to help
- Are you a club coach? If yes, ask your club director if they would contribute to your tuition costs in exchange for sharing new ideas from ACIP with the club.
- Approach other organizations you may know of for a grant/scholarship
- Combine a few of the above ideas to pay a portion and you pay the balance
When is my payment due?
Payments are due no later than April 8, 2016. $3,200 is due if paying in full or $567 is due if you’ve chosen the payment plan option. We accept credit cards or checks.
Are travel expenses included in the cost of tuition?
No, not at this time 🙁
As always, please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns! We love to hear from you!