Holly Hesse – Missouri State University
Expertise: Creating a positive championship team culture, philosophy development, management and organizational skills
- Has been head coach for Missouri State’s softball team for 29 years.
- Was an assistant coach for two years at her alma mater Creighton University, but took the head coach job at Missouri State University.
- One of the founding members of the NCAA Women Coaches Academy.
- Member of the board of directors for the Alliance of Women Coaches.
- She’s the second winningest coach in the Missouri Valley Conference and first in Missouri State University history with 700+ wins.
- Her team leads the MVC with 71 wins in the MVC Tournament – of that 71, Hesse has been coach for 49.
- Author of, “The Diamond of Success: A Philosophical Model for Coaching”.
Celia on Holly:
“Holly was a member of our very first NCAA Women Coaches Academy back in 2003 where she told us she had a class she’d like to teach. Long story short, Holly has been teaching coaches ever since. Holly has a highly developed coaching philosophy called, ‘The Diamond of Success.’ It is an amazing philosophical model to share with young coaches who are in the process of developing their own vision for their program. She is also a master organizer and manager. She will teach our coaches the HOW to organize their days, weeks months and years. If you struggle with time management, delegation or organizational structure, Holly Hesse is your go to faculty member! Not only does Holly have a lot to offer in the classroom, she is a caring mentor who loves coaching coaches. Outside of coaching the Bears at Missouri State, this work is her passion.”